Helping the environment is easy and can lower your costs.
Choose to do any or all to create a sustainable work environment:
- Report leaky faucets. It saves up to 20 gallons of water a day.
- Put a recycling bin at your desk.
- Buy 35% post consumer recycled paper products.
- Use washable cups, flatware and plates
- Use the back side of paper for scratch paper before it is put in the recycling bin.
- Ask all vendors what "Green" solutions they use. Support green solutions.
- Use landscape companies that use electric equipment rather than gas.
- Turn off your computer monitor when not in use.
- Avoid using large office equipment during the 3p.m. to 7p.m. peak.
- Instead of traveling to meetings, use online conference calls whenever possible.
- Encourage employees to telecommute one day a week.
- Set up a paperless billing system for your customers.
- If you are using your car for lunch, park and go inside; avoid car idling in drive-thrus.
- Use "green" printers or treeless paper.